Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Little Monster Hat Crochet


I thought with Halloween coming up, you all might get a kick/idea out of this little monster hat I made for a friend having a baby. It would make such a cute and easy costume for a little one. I used the same pattern as the owl hat I made in this post. It has a link to a free pattern. I did some easy alterations and fumbled my way through making some ears, horns, and teeth. If I can do it, so can you! Just don't do all the circular rows for the eyes and use the ear pattern as the horns. I found that looked better than what I originally tried to put on here!

I've got some other alterations on this hat for a frog and corn on the cob (crazy you say? - I totally agree. My then 5 year old made up his mind he wanted to be the corn on the cob in Plants vs. Zombies, so I had to be a little creative with the beanie. He's a crack up!) I'll have to see if I can find some pics...

Happy haunting!

0 Comments from you: