Sunday, October 25, 2009

Freebie Cut File - Week #24

My weeks are going by fast aren't they? I'm trying to get caught up with all the box files I had people cut out for me! I hope you guys are as excited as I am about boxes, cuz that's where we've been and that's where we're gonna keep going for at least a little while longer! This file was requested by Gail...and I'm glad she did!


This first one was designed by Dawn at http://dawnday.blogspot.com. She also did the chocolate box you saw before. When I first saw this as a pdf, I thought it would be so cute to have patterned paper for his little "outfit". It turned out darling! And thanks to Dawn too for the tip on fixing the svg so it cut out right!

This second one was designed by Celeste at http://scrappingbutterflymom.blogspot.com . She's the same lady who designed the cute book box earlier. I love seeing how different people interpret these boxes! I thought she did a great job with changing up the face...giving him a mouth, a cute red nose, and changing up the eyes!
So fun ladies!!! Thanks again!
Here's the file:
P.S. There was someone who left a comment about not being able to open my files in scal. I can't find it now cuz I have no idea which post she left it under...but here's the answer! You have to open scal first. Then you can either go to file, open or file, import svg depending on what you downloaded. Then just browse until you find where you downloaded it on your computer. If this doesn't help, please leave a comment again (I promise I won't lose it this time!).

5 Comments from you:

Deanna Mulder said...

Very cute. I think I will use this when we do secret Santa gifts at work. thanks

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Christmas post on Oct. 25, 2009. Thanks again.

Emily Anderson said...

Just adorable! all your stuff is.
I have a question for you. I only have the baby cricut so my mat is 6 x12. I really need a round box with a lid total diameter about 5". It doesn't have to be a tall box. Is there any design that will work on my baby? thanks!

Melinda Ford said...

Thanks Emily! Have you tried the round box I posted before? It's ok if some of the flaps get cut off...all they are for is for attaching to the sides of the round box. You can still attach it with the smaller stubs. And you can make it as tall as you want by creating a rectangle to be the sides (a little more than pie times 5"). If that's not what you're trying to do, will you provide me with a link for what you are thinking and a time frame for when you need it? Thanks...hope it works out for you...and if not, I hope you contact me again!

Taffy said...

this is awesome i love it.. :) thanks for sharing all your fun files :)