Monday, June 1, 2009

Lightening McQueen Birthday Cake


So this might just be the ugliest cake I've ever made. I can't believe I'm showing you, except that I think anybody could make this cake AND it's made much better by the table setting that my mom so generously put together for my son's birthday dinner. I was feeling pretty sick and, by the time it was time to make this, didn't even want to bake the cake let alone decorate it. This is actually kind of sad, because I typically love doing the decorating...but this time, I just wanted it done. I don't think Ryan noticed that it wasn't great...since it had a car on it! Maybe I'll do better next time! :) I hope.

1 Comments from you:

jor-kel said...

Melinda, that is an awesome cake!! Really, I loved it before you added your self-deprecating remarks about it. Keep in mind that some people's cakes consist of slathering a sheet cake with store-bought frosting and eating it with a spoon right out of the pan. Not that I know anyone like that.