Friday, July 9, 2010

Vinyl Home Tile (Free SVG)

I've had a tile for ages that's just been sitting on our computer table, all bored and plain. I decided this week that enough was enough and got to designing. I saw a wooden board someone made on the net that was all Autumn words and had this kind of a layout and some of the same fonts I used. It was my inspiration! Wish I could remember where I saw it so I could point you over there...I saved it as a pic on my computer a long time ago...so please share if you know the link!


I thought it was a fun alternative to the one phrase tiles. I also like that every font I used on this file was FREE! I've included the cut file...open it up and click on the words...it'll tell you in one of the windows what font it is if you don't have it already! Then download for free on the net! One of my favorites is Aquarelle...a free version of Passions Conflict. Such a beautiful font (Family, Prayer words).

You can find the file here:

Free SVG

8 Comments from you:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the Cutting category today [10 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Julie said...

This turned out beautiful! I hope you don't mind but I want to use the cut file on a tile to be auctioned off at my church fund raiser.

Thanks for sharing!
julie
julie dot lacombe at yahoo dot com

Mary said...

Beautiful job, love it.

Melinda Ford said...

Of course, Julie! I'm so glad you could make use of it.

kiddle97 said...

I love it! And you're right, that font is gorgeous.

BawCraftWorx said...

OMG! SERIOUSLY! I followed a link to get here sometime late (yesterday evening) I'm Still here lol (its now 3:57am). I LOVE your blog, the things you and your sisters create are Beyond incredible. Im posting a link to your blog on mine in the I follow widget:) I've got no intention of leaving yet lol, just made a fresh pot of coffee:) Your svg files are AMAZING and they cut like a dream:) Thank you so much for all of the time and effort you put into everything you create, and for sharing which is an added bonus:) Seeing your work is very inspiring for me (I'm a sahm also) So thank you again, I'll be here a LOT! I think I just found another favorite haunt! Blessings & love to you & yours;)

argrammie said...

I love your site! Thank you for sharing. I do have a question about the Home Tile. I am a new user of svg files. When I open the file in MTC it is all stacked. When I "unstack" the letters they are not the same size. I want to put this on a 12 x 12 file. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks in advance.

Melinda Ford said...

Make the Cut, huh? Unfortunately, I don't know ANYTHING about this program. :( I didn't know MTC could even use.scut files. I'm so sorry I can't be helpful here. Best of luck to you!