Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Car/Truck Vinyl



My husband had previously bought some vinyl lettering for his work truck a number of years ago (before we had the cricut). Unfortunately, our truck was the recipient of some vandalism about two years ago and he had to get the truck repainted...there went the vinyl. It cost him like $50 to get it on the two sides of the truck.

Well, we decided it was time to put the lettering back on. So, we headed over to Roberts with our 50% off coupons and got the color vinyl we needed. So we spent $5 on vinyl and only used just over half of it for the lettering on two sides and the back...more than he got last time for $50. Then he decided he wanted to display ads with discounts occasionally on the truck too, so he went to a sign store and bought a large sheet of magnet, which was (I thought) a little too expensive. He got 2 ft by 1 ft for $20. So we made two magnets to go on his truck too. We both like how it turned out and saved quite a bit by doing it ourselves! Hooray!!!

5 Comments from you:

celestemlombas said...

That looks awesome. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Nice job. I bet hubby was excited.

tricia said...

WIcked job on these!!!

Unknown said...

wow. I have been thinking of doing my own vinyl lettering on magnet for my "store". Now I will have to try it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Michelle Ha said...

once again. so much in common. my boyfriend wants to advertise his business on his truck now that i have a cricut, so i will be looking at your blog for help! Thanks!