Thursday, April 30, 2009

Ribbon Wedding Cake

I made this cake two weeks before I had JJ. I thought the girl I did this for picked a very elegant look. This is actually a three tiered cake, but when I delivered it, one of the cakes was still pretty frozen and so I couldn't put it together all the way. This is one of the cakes I've probably enjoyed making the most because of how it turned out!

Ribbon: This was easier than it looks. I simply took strips of ribbon cut to the length I needed, about two to three inches long. I stuck each end of the ribbon into the cake about an inch apart. It sticks to the buttercream icing pretty well. I really didn't have a problem with it staying in place...not even the bow. It just stuck right to the frosting and didn't budge.

3 Comments from you:

Melinda Ford said...

Gorgeous Melinda! You do fabulous fabulous ('cause obviously one fabulous doesn't go far enough) work! I'm so honoured to say you made my cake too! (I think people are going to start wanting my autographs and having the paparazzi follow me now that they know I know you.)

My, I'm full of witty comments tonight!
-kiddle97

Melinda Ford said...

MELINDA ... my very talented daughter-in-law ... I looove seeing your gorgeous cakes and your quilts and your cards. Thanks for sharing your talents with so many others. You are so amazing and I love you so much.
-kristisgarden

Anonymous said...

Incredibly beautiful cake!

PJ(Jessie Adams)